Jaemi Blair Loeb conducts orchestral, wind band, choral, chamber, and opera ensembles, advocating for new music and collaborating with composers at every opportunity. Jaemi is a confident musical leader, equally at home with canonical, 20th century, and brand new repertoire. She is dedicated to integrating orchestral performance into the lives of players and listeners alike.
Jaemi’s current positions are:
- Director of Instrumental Ensembles and Assistant Professor of Music at Centre College, in Danville, Kentucky. There she is Music Director of the Centre College Orchestra and Centre College Wind Ensemble. She also teaches courses in music and Humanities, directs the Centre Pep Band, and organizes various music department events.
- Principal Guest Conductor, Piccadilly Symphony Orchestra of Manchester, U.K.
- Director, International Conductors’ Festival – Danville.
Some of Jaemi’s previous positions:
- In 2011, Jaemi founded the innovative Neighborhood Orchestra, the Houston Heights Orchestra, which continues to thrive and enrich the Heights community.
- Conductor in Residence, Foundation for Modern Music, Houston, TX.
- Music Director, HaZamir Houston
- Assistant Director, AURA New Music Ensemble
- Assistant Conductor, Moores School of Music Orchestras
- Music Director, Vista Competition for New Opera (Opera Vista, Houston, TX)
Some of Jaemi’s other interesting work:
- Lincoln Center debut in March 2012 with the HaZamir International Festival Choir.
- U.K. debut with the Piccadilly Symphony Orchestra in July 2015.
- Performances in Romania, Finland, and Ukraine.
- Wide range of guest conducting, clinics offered, and masterclasses taught.
Some photography provided by Victoriya Bondarenko.