Jaemi Blair Loeb conducts orchestral, wind band, choral, chamber, and opera ensembles, advocating for new music and collaborating with composers at every opportunity. Jaemi is a confident musical leader, equally at home with canonical, 20th century, and brand new repertoire. She is dedicated to integrating orchestral performance into the lives of players and listeners alike.
Jaemi’s current positions are:
- Interim Director of Orchestras, Grinnell College.
- Principal Guest Conductor, Piccadilly Symphony Orchestra of Manchester, U.K.
Some of Jaemi’s previous positions:
- Founder and Director, International Conductors’ Festival – Danville.
- Director of Instrumental Ensembles and Assistant Professor of Music at Centre College, in Danville, Kentucky (2012-2017). There she was Music Director of the Centre College Orchestra and Centre College Wind Ensemble. She also taught courses in music and Humanities, directed the Centre Pep Band, and organized various music department events.
- In 2011, Jaemi founded the innovative Neighborhood Orchestra, the Houston Heights Orchestra, which continues to thrive and enrich the Houston Heights community.
- Conductor in Residence, Foundation for Modern Music, Houston, TX.
- Assistant Director, AURA New Music Ensemble.
- Assistant Conductor, Moores School of Music Orchestras.
- Music Director, Vista Competition for New Opera (Opera Vista, Houston, TX).
Some of Jaemi’s other interesting work:
- U.K. debut with the Piccadilly Symphony Orchestra in July 2015.
- Lincoln Center debut in March 2012 with the HaZamir International Festival Choir.
- Performances in Romania, Finland, and Ukraine.
- Wide range of guest conducting, clinics, and masterclasses.
Some photography provided by Victoriya Bondarenko.